Wednesday, February 18, 2009

ToC Update

Ah.... so many things to right about. I guess I'll start things off with a brief summary of the race... since my race was brief.

Started off in control, making sure nothing got up the road I didn't approve of (nothing). So I felt really good and thought if things went right I could win it in the end. David Benkoski attacked on the left and some kid looked back at him and freaked out. I had nowhere to go. I got up and spectators were already 0n the scene putting my chain back on. The adrenaline was flowing ever-so-fast and I was ready to get back on the bike when I found my fork had snapped. Needless to say I was not very happy in the least bit. For things to go so right and then immediately turn on me felt horrible. Thanks a bunch to (in no particular order) Jason E., Steve W., Shawn M, D-taps, and Mike P., and everybody else for calming me down because I was just so fed up and frustrated.

I decided I would watch Taps and Zach duel the stacked 17-18 field in the race after mine. Cody was a bit sick but did his best to help out Zach who was having a tremendous race. After the race I heard many people non-DBC related saying how much he dominated that race. Everybody and their mother knew Zach was the best on two wheels that day. Hats off to him.

So it looks like my bike will be fixed (miraculously thanks to my dad, mom and Ken's bike/ski) in time for Snelling. All I can say is that Team Specialized might want to watch out because I believe Zach Wick and I have some payback to establish... Let's do this.

No comments: