Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cherry Pie My @$$

A great crit don't get me wrong... well Zach put it best... its more of a mountainous Tour de France stage. The hill grew this year... and got larger throughout the race... back to back primes didn't help. Other then that the race was slowwww....  LaBerge went off the front and got a decent lead... I brought him back by the end of the lap but Steve told me not to reel him in quite so fast. I figured he was right so I went to the back of the pack where I found Torey. I don't think I ever saw Cody or Alex in the race... only Zach when I was up front doing work. 

Right when I slid to the back some kid freaked out in the chicane and hit my bike with his front tire. He knocked over my brake quite a ways and then my brake kept rubbing and I had to pull off and fix it at the bottom of the hill. I went up the hill and right when they saw me running ym bike up the hill they put out lap cards and told me I couldn't go back in. Needless to saw I was not happy at all that kids had already gotten lapped and they weren't pulling them and they wouldn't let me in.

Ah well....

No comments: