Saturday, November 29, 2008

Run to Feed the Hungry - 30 seconds of fame.

I'm on the left, red top, white shorts.

About to make my move on the Kenyans.

Fading back, laughing hysterically.


I'm famous. Three out of the seventeen pictures on the slideshow of the 15th annual Run to Feed the Hungry, I was in. I also managed to get a color picture in the SacBee's Friday paper.

A couple friends of mine encouraged me at the start line to sprint out with the Kenyans that were racing in the 10k. I figured,"What the hell? I got nothin' to lose."s soon as that bullhorn sounded, I was off, racing over 28,000 people, at one point having a 10 yard lead on the mighty Kenyans. I got yelled at by the pace-car to not do anything stupid and received dirty looks from the Kenyan harriers.

I held that blistering pace for about a total of 600-800 yards. I had reached ultimate satisfaction, I had run with the Kenyans.

1 comment:

Adam Hodes said...

yes i got a blog, hardly ever update it though